Tuesday, May 5, 2009

visual Essay - Feed

Media has been around us for a long time. It's what we the society use almost about...EVERYDAY. I use it, you use it, they use it! The people who are behind the media, the people who are in the media tries to get to society. Little kids i see today are growing up so fast because of the media. Girls who are so young go all crazy for Miley Cy...whatever that is spelled, Taylor Swift, Demi Lavato...All those young super stars ends up on the media and in an instant, kids go all CRAZY for them. What happend to those kids show!? I don't ever see kids talking or watching them anymore. Even my little sister, who is like only 4 years old don't even like to watch them. She watches like...teenage movies or shows. I'm around kids and there was this one time, i ask my cousin who is just the cutest, "Don't you think your pretty?" She gave me this weird look and was like..."No...I'm not pretty..." WTF! She is like...5 years old and already she thinks that she's not pretty enough. Not just her, but her friends and my little sister. My little sister, everyday would have to wear make up. She's already cute (big jealous that she is) and already wants to wear makeup. Where does she gets this. The media. People can't go on a day without the media. Honestly I too admit that i can't live without the media. It's good and it's bad. Why good? Because it helps tell what is going on in society today. Why Bad? Because it influences society a lot that it makes them compete with each other. The monkey picture. I took that one cause each of the monkey has a see no, hear no, talk of no...To what i see, it's like saying that they speak of non, hear of non, and talk of no media. The CNN, Fox news, The Insider...ECT...I know people who's not in the media at all. Teenagers talk about the gossip going on in the world with celebrity and they go..."What are you talking about?" To me...I like it, but there is also a part of me that i don't like about the media. It helps give me information about society today, but its also those gossips, the commercial, the things they tell teenagers...When ever i see them, i take it as a joke and complain. I don't freaken care if so and so broke up with each other. Ok...that's cute, but it's not like i can afford it. It annoys me a lot. Sometimes i hate it too because they give off messages that i don't think are appropriate. So in a way, i'm kind of like violet. She hates the feed, and i well...dislike the feed. Ah yes...The media is like the Feed. Or...the other way around. But people are so much into it...that they don't know what's to be around them. They follow to what the media says, and does, just like the charecters in the book, does and follow what the feed says. I've been in love with the media. All I could do is compete with others, be prettier, be this, that...But as i grew older, the more i isolate myself from it, the more better of an independent i became. I came to found who i was. What my identity is. With the media on you, it takes your identity away from you and make you someone else that you are not. Media will always grow into something big. There wont be a time, a day, that society wont stop using the media. 

The chick who influences little kids....


I see of non, I hear of non, I speak of non

Media influences us, kids at a small age....

Media will never go away...Will always live in society







No comments:

Post a Comment