Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feed Blog 2


Parents buy their kids many things, little things and other times…nothing at all. When Titus, the “Rich” boy was given an upcar by his parents, boy, wasn’t he just the happiest man alive. He couldn’t believe that he was finally getting a car. He although reminded me of myself. When he said, “…Are you kidding! You are like the best mom and dad ever!” (p.118). When my parents gave me something that I had wanted, I would say pretty much almost the same thing to my parents too. But…when I think about it, I only say it when they give me a gift that makes you go, “OMGenius! Really!? For me!?” But at other times when you they give you something small as a shirt. Would you still be saying the same thing to them as you did before? It’s a no huh? I thought so. We only appreciate our parents when they give us something cool and expensive. So for Titus…he would be the same.
The quote, “We enter a time of calamity” (p.38), was at first confusing to me. But after reading it over and figuring out what calamity means, to my opinion, what I think the old man means is that the world is getting more destroy and corrupted. Just right before that quote came up; they were describing how these teenagers were at the club. “Women grinning, women oiling men with their fingertips, women taking out their teeth…” (p.38). Teens are just out of control. Think about it. If you were a parent, and you saw your child doing that, wouldn’t you think that you have enter in a time of calamity? Everything wasn’t how it used to be back then for the old man. All these teens could think about is SEX, SEX, SEX. Which is the same in our society today. Advertisements are rooting for sex, TV is saying that it’s ok…everything of the media is all about “sex is ok to do!” DISGUSTING!!!
Boring…We all say that all the time. My boyfriend and his brothers say it all the time. It’s really lame of them because they don’t do anything to entertain their self. For Titus, he found that the picture on the wall was boring. Why? Because he couldn’t find anything interesting about it and there was nothing that was about to happen or had just happened. It shows that Titus doesn’t think of what a pictures meaning is. Titus doesn’t take the time to think about the picture, showing that he doesn’t take the time to think. He also does not understand. We all know that a picture always have a meaning behind it. And Titus, he doesn’t even take the time to look at it carefully and give it a thought. He’s not patient person and person who judge a book by its cover.
The dead language…Violet’s dad probably still want to study it because he doesn’t want to let the dead language go. It was part of his life and he doesn’t want to lose what was passing down from life back then. Just like us. You don’t want to let go of something precious you have kept for a long time, so you keep it and treasure it. Just like Violets dad. People now a day in the “feed” would don’t use it anymore. And maybe Violet’s dad have hopes that maybe one day, the feed will be destroyed and Violets dad comes to the rescue to teach the people the dead language.
I think why the author dedicated the book to those who resist the feed was because the feed is like the technologies that are being use today in our society. There are people out there that don’t like what is happening with the world now. With the new high tech and stuff. So he is giving this book to the people, saying that “This is for you.” The Feed in out word today is the movies, technology, TV shows. Can they be resisted? Back then probably they can. But till to now, in not shape or form of way can it not be resisted. People would die without it. Go insane because the Feed, (according to us) is what society relies on. It’s part of their life. You can’t take something away from a person and expect them to get over it. It would take years, months, and days. Ways I say I resist the feed to I try not to get into with it. I stay away from technology as possible, occupy myself with after school activities, or…do things without the feed, it’s really hard, but when the more I try, the tiring I get of the Feed. It’s like; I’ll never have enough satisfaction with the things given to me by the Feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment